- 2 onions diced & caramelized
- 300 gm crimini mushrooms sliced half
- 1 eggplant smoked – see notes for instructions
- 1 Celeriac peeled, diced
- 1/2 tsp ground fennel seed
- 3 tbsp olive oil cold pressed
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup du puy lentils
- 2 Zucchini grated
- Sauté onion, mushroom, celeriac, fennel seed, garlic in olive oil.
- Add zucchini and lentils, cover with water and simmer on low until lentils and when the celeriac and lentils are tender, gently add the smoked eggplant at the end.
1 eggplant charred over a flame until tender inside. Split in have and scoop out tender flesh.
Add minced clove of garlic, olive oil, sea salt, pepper and a squeeze of lemon. Gently chop and fold in the above ingredients to create a smoky topping to the soup.