- 2 Carrots diced
- 2 Celery sticks diced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 kg Butternut pumpkin/squash peeled and diced
- 3 Thyme sprigs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté mirepoix in coconut oil until softened. Add garlic for an additional few minutes.
- Add pumpkin, thyme, salt and pepper. Cover with water.
- Gently simmer until pumpkin softens to the point of breaking down.
- Blend half the soup and add back in.
- Variations can include the addition of spices and ginger.