|Remember to appreciate all the effort that goes into obtaining all these ingredients in nature. If you had to do this in nature you would work off a great deal of calories. If you eat a lot of this slice and sit at a desk all day then you will be eating way more calories than you are working off so even though the slice is made up of all raw ingredients it still requires being respectful of the resources required by the planet to produce, humans to collect it and the body to process it. Eat slowly, savour and enjoy!
- 1/2 Cup Almonds Raw
- 1/2 Cup Pecans Raw or walnuts
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds Ground* or chia seeds
- 1/2 Cup Raisins
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Shredded and unsweetened
- 8 Whole Prunes Pitted
- 5 Whole Dates Fresh, Pitted
- 1 Tsp Vanilla bean powder or the seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- 1/2 Cup Cacao Raw
- 1/2 Tbsp Coconut oil Cold-pressed
- Place nuts, seeds and raisins are broken up into a crumb size, add the rest of the ingredients and process until well mixed
- Press evenly into a plastic container 30 x 20 cm, cut into squares, refrigerate and remove when cold and solid and break into squares and place into an air tight container.
- Note: The moisture from the fruit and to coconut oil will eventually bind the mixture, just keep processing until it starts to come together slightly and then press into a container.
- *Flax or chia seeds: It is best to grind the seeds fresh in a spice/coffee grinder or in and mortar in pestle into and meal texture not left whole.