These are wonderful ways to segue off of dairy and ice creams with processed sugar. You will need a high powered blender and a food processor will work in a pinch but the texture will not be as creamy.
- 1 cup Hot water
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 6 Dates pitted
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 cup Coconut oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla bean powder
- 1 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup Walnuts chopped
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate or choc chips chopped
- Add baking soda to hot water and pour over dates.
- Cool date mix/paste and blend with coconut palm sugar, coconut oil, vanilla bean powder.
- Sift cocoa with with ground almonds.
- Fold through cocoa & almonds mix with date paste.
- Fold nuts and chocolate.
- Pour into mini muffin top tins.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until just cooked through.