Almond milk is a beverage made from ground almonds, often used as a substitute for dairy milk. Unlike animal milk, almond milk contains neither cholesterol nor lactose. As it does not contain any animal products, it is suitable for vegans and vegetarians who abstain from dairy products.
- 1 Cup Almonds Raw
- 2 Pitted Dates
- 1/4 Tsp Vanilla bean powder Or half a vanilla bean
- Soak almonds in plenty of filtered or spring water overnight.
- Drain water in the morning and add 4 cups of spring or filtered water, fresh dates, and 1/2 vanilla bean finely chopped.
- Allow to sit for at least 2 hours to allow the date to break up and the vanilla bean to soften
- Blend in a blender at highest speed until the mix is very smooth. Serve with chia pudding as is or if you prefer a true milk texture, strain the liquid from the pulp through a nut milk bag or strain through cheesecloth over a mesh strainer.